Rigid plastic ventilation ducts - what type of duct sealant (if any)

TimCx

I have done some searching and not found a definitive answer hence this post.

I am using 125mm rigid plastic ducting close to my new MVHR (replacement for a failed MVHR unit installed from 11 years ago). 

The joints on my the old rigid plastic duct are taped together with Aluminium tape but they have no sealant.

People here mention using ducting sealant but this does not seem to be used everywhere. Furthermore I have seen 'Soudalduct' being used but that seems to be designed for use with metal ducting and makes no mention of being used with plastic, I have also seen 'Domus DDSEAL' mentioned and that is marketed as for use with plastic ducts but it mostly seems to be used by electricians.

So my questions are:

1) Should I use a duct sealant with rigid plastic duct (in addition to the aluminium tape) ?

2) if yes then what duct sealant should I use.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Gone West said:

My rigid plastic duct was also glued together, and I only used aluminium tape as well on awkward fittings.

Interesting I was assuming that any sealant used would be flexible and and not an adhesive. Do you know what sort of glue was used?

Thanks all, I have done a but more research and managed to speak to someone who has fitted this stuff before, his preference was Soudaduct. As the Soudal state that is for metal duct I phoned their technical help line to ask if its OK for plastic and they said yes its fine, so I think I will use that.