Foundations slightly wrong

richo106

I would dig a 450 wide trench down the side of the existing cock up, mango off 200mm from the top of the cock up footing, then resin in 20 odd 16mm studs sticking out from cock up footing, then pour new concrete coming up to original level so it covers cock up footing and looks like just a wide strip, no join visible. 

Dont skrimp on the depth go full depth or further. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I would dig a 450 wide trench down the side of the existing cock up, mango off 200mm from the top of the cock up footing, then resin in 20 odd 16mm studs sticking out from cock up footing, then pour new concrete coming up to original level so it covers cock up footing and looks like just a wide strip, no join visible. 

Dont skrimp on the depth go full depth or further. 

KANGO. NOT MANGO. 

I have know idea how you would break up concrete with a piece of fruit. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

I have just spoke to my SE and he is happy with a 300mm footing next the ‘cock up’ one. He said I will need to expose the side of the foundation (1m deep) and scabble it to expose the aggregate.

do people think 300mm is wide enough for me to get in and get to it to expose it or would be better to do a 450mm bucket for excess?

1 hour ago, markc said:

450mm isn’t enough for a straight scabbler  anyway so might as well go for 300 and use right angle scabbler 

Thank you, I have googled it but not sure exactly what to use

Could you recommend any tool to use to do this?

Thanks again