Hole in my hole

Pocster

Deep in the bowels of the earth I break out concrete so I can get a sump in . There’s no way I can get the base ‘smooth ‘ . How best to bed the sump so no sharp bits puncture it ? . Dry sand and cement mix ? - then gently allow water to soak in around the base ?

Better method ?

Keen eyed amongst you will notice that this job was too much for the black and gold team ( Dewalt ) so we called in the Hilti boy . Appreciate Makita users won’t be familiar with that and need to go back to their cocktail at the Pink Flamingo nightclub .

DB2C97D7-974A-42EF-9F6C-09ABF359DAE8.jpeg

3 minutes ago, TonyT said:

Put a gorilla tub in the hole.

drill some holes in the tub , drop pump into gorilla tub.

sorted

Would that really do ? . Still need to ‘bed’ gorilla tub . Currently sump tub can ‘wobble ‘ around as base isn’t flat .

54 minutes ago, TonyT said:

I have one down a hole with a 450 mm duct on top keeping a concrete slab dry, so works for me.

been in 1 year..

in sure there will be bespoke solutions but I just needed a fix to the problem

The sump lid can be walked on so must be stable .,,.

Edited by pocster

So I decided to do a sand/ cement mix at the base of the depression ( hole in the ground not my mental state ) .

Seems fairly stable and level . Will water can around it now . As fear of it moving and poo pipe breaking I’ll even expanding foam the sides for peace of mind .

0B37942B-E6E1-4702-A450-15F63AE5F096.jpeg