grout removal

gaz_moose

tiling my kitchen splashbacks and i waited too long before wiping the grout off and it has set solid (Gutted) i have used mapei anti-mould grout . Water and the  abrasive side of the sponge are not touching it.  they are only white metro tiles. what would be my best way to salvage the situation?, I tried scraping a bit of grout out with a 1" scraper and it left a grey scratch on the tile. are those abrasive grout rakes any good?

ive managed to get pretty much all the grout off the faces but the grout lines look terrible as they are really jagged. 

be gutted if i have to bash the tiles off and reskim the wall. 

Cheers for the reply,

I was looking at that one, roughly how long would it take me to rake out 4M of metro tiles? and does it knacker the tiles if the sides are abrasive as well?. it took me about a day and a half to stick these ones on as someone who has never tiled before. so wondering if it might be best to just cut my losses and bash them off the wall 😬 , whole situation is annoying as i did a real nice job of the tiles.

1 hour ago, gaz_moose said:

I tried scraping a bit of grout out with a 1" scraper and it left a grey scratch on the tile.

That 'grey' may well be steel. Ceramic (and some grout) is harder than steel so you're depositing a thin film of metal on the surface. It may well polish off with autosol or similar metal polish. I'd go at it again with a sharp blade like those used for scraping glass e.g https://www.screwfix.com/p/heavy-duty-scraper-4/16530 then see if you can polish it up.