UVC in basement plant room but no drainage for overflow

Thorfun

12 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Can you get a 28mm copper or 32mm PVC waste pipe out to the courtyard? 
This pipe will never discharge unless the 💩 has hit the fan, so can just be discharged on to the paving there and then make it’s way to the wishing well 👌

I said this ages ago - think it’s a nah 

16 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Can you get a 28mm copper or 32mm PVC waste pipe out to the courtyard? 
This pipe will never discharge unless the 💩 has hit the fan, so can just be discharged on to the paving there and then make it’s way to the wishing well 👌

4 minutes ago, pocster said:

I said this ages ago - think it’s a nah 

yeah, we had these discussions earlier in the thread. it's a long way and a REAL ballache to run a pipe and @PeterW mentioned something about max distance for UVC discharge.

primarily i need a pump to deal with the UVC discharge via the tundish. but i'm still thinking about a water softener which, if in the basement, needs a discharge to a sump/pump. so with the Aspen one with 2 inputs i could run both to it. assuming that the Aspen one is up to the job of dealing with the fan being hit with brown stuff.

43 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

yeah, we had these discussions earlier in the thread. it's a long way and a REAL ballache to run a pipe and @PeterW mentioned something about max distance for UVC discharge.

primarily i need a pump to deal with the UVC discharge via the tundish. but i'm still thinking about a water softener which, if in the basement, needs a discharge to a sump/pump. so with the Aspen one with 2 inputs i could run both to it. assuming that the Aspen one is up to the job of dealing with the fan being hit with brown stuff.

You really don’t want to have the daily re-gen going through a(nother) pump do you?!? 
Can’t you put the softener elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

You really don’t want to have the daily re-gen going through a(nother) pump do you?!? 
Can’t you put the softener elsewhere?

yeah, I could potentially find a place for it on the ground floor. was just thinking that if there was already a pump in the basement then I could put it in the plant room. 

5 hours ago, Thorfun said:

yeah, I could potentially find a place for it on the ground floor. was just thinking that if there was already a pump in the basement then I could put it in the plant room. 

Defo steer away from that idea if at all possible. 365 regen cycles or more each year = pump soon conked out.

• Thanks 1