Circular Stairwell

LA3222

12 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Photo?

It's just a circular hole bud that the spiral staircase will come up though. Trying to work out how the carpet is finished where it hits the hole. Hard flooring seems to have flexible trim available and flexible tile to carpet strips are out there - bit puzzled when it comes to a flexible edging strip.

1 hour ago, Radian said:

How is the inside of the aperture finished i.e. the vertical face?

Skimmed and painted. I naively assumed some kind if flexible trim would be available, now I'm looking at some easy bind rope type stuff.

Talk to carpet fitters.  I see them offering to make "rugs" out of offcuts by finishing the edges with whipping, so I see no reason a carpet fitter could not cut the carpet to match the round hole, then finish the edge all round with whipping.

What are you doing for handrail? 

3 hours ago, ProDave said:

Talk to carpet fitters.  I see them offering to make "rugs" out of offcuts by finishing the edges with whipping, so I see no reason a carpet fitter could not cut the carpet to match the round hole, then finish the edge all round with whipping.

What are you doing for handrail? 

Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines with easy bind type stuff.

Handrail - got a spiral staircase ordered with a balustrade to suit.

Screenshot_20220913-194701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by LA3222

3 hours ago, Radian said:

"Whiparound" is a good idea but they tend to use machines and would want the entire carpet to work on!

How about Flexible Transition Threshold strip?

61ja75CF5ZL._AC_SX679_.jpg.69faa14e893a4ada595e6a9beee1a62c.jpg

41yG5g9R11L._AC_SX679_.jpg.5c2d7d34c98430742dedf8541f458b92.jpg

I did spot this bud and it looks good in the images but I think the tilt might not look great. This seems ideal if the transition is to another material rather than the depth of carpet/underlay to nothing. May Park thos issue while I sort a few other bits out.