H12 prices. How much!? Ya jorkin' met!

ToughButterCup

Sorry, I was in a traffic jam when I posted this. Just to agree that for some reason online prices for Rebar are crazy - I'm not sure why that is because there can't be much money to be had from DIYers paying an inflated price for it as they will rarely buy in any real quantity and no commercial entity will ever pay that price so why bother having it for sale online so expensive?

I just ordered rebar for our walls, worked out at £0.62p/m inc VAT and that includes free delivery (50nos. 12mm@6m and 140nos.10mm@3m)

Got 12 linear metres of 12mm rebar today from TP's and when I asked how much he said £39.96, my response minus expletives was it was steel not gold I wanted. Sorry he said your discount has not been applied, £14.00 including vat was my bill. I hate having to query every item and I feel really sorry for people who do not have an account. 

Quick update: my builder casually said

" 'S OK lad, there's a load o' rebah lyin' 'round in 't yard. Help thee sen. Tek 't Landy 'n fetch it". It was a pleasure: driving a lovely Disco 4  - with reversing cameras - was smug-making. (OK, it isn't an Audi Allroad Quattro, but Hell it's better than my 1988 Landy TDI) 

But I simply had to re-tune his radio to Radio 4 on all the pre-sets. xD. Well what else is there to do while waiting for the lights to change?

So, I'm giving him some (some, not all, I'm not daft) of our over-ordered rebar mesh in exchange.

Overall cost? Say £50. Well down from over £1000. 

A few more cost savings like that would be just the ticket.

• Like 1