Silicone window stuff remover?

patp

Our wooden windows have a silicone sealer for the glazing. The window guys have made a complete bodge up of cleaning it off after glazing the windows. We now have it around every window frame and even blobs in the middle. I should ask them to come back and sort it but experience with them tells me that I will be dead and buried before they respond. Any ideas on what to use to remove it? Have tried some silicone remover from the shed but it did not budge it.

We use https://www.teknos.com/en-GB/industrial-coatings/industries/building-exteriors/windows-and-doors/teknos-clean-kit/ but a bit of elbow grease and a gentle scrub and washing up liquid will also do the job, it will work on the glass as well but first we will take a good quality Stanley blade and carefully scrape of the silicone. 

Trust me, it happens every day, it's easier to clean it off once it's cured.

• Thanks 1

On 02/09/2022 at 10:30, craig said:

We use https://www.teknos.com/en-GB/industrial-coatings/industries/building-exteriors/windows-and-doors/teknos-clean-kit/ but a bit of elbow grease and a gentle scrub and washing up liquid will also do the job, it will work on the glass as well but first we will take a good quality Stanley blade and carefully scrape of the silicone. 

Trust me, it happens every day, it's easier to clean it off once it's cured.

Is this for the glass? It is stuck to the glass :(

I genuinely found the No Nonsense Silicone Remover from Screwfix pretty good. Leave to soften them take off with a blade like the above. C-Tec Multisolve to finish off. 

Quite impressed too with the heavy duty Big Wipes that come in the yellow tub with red lid.