Velux Integra Window closing by rain, but also opening very soon, and closing, and opening etc etc. How to solve this

robert66

Last night I noticed my Velux Integra Window is closing, because of noticed rain, but after a short time the window is opening for a small part, and than it starts again. The system notice the window is not totally closed and is try to close it again, and opening again after a short time...so that is not something you want especially not in the bedroom where you want to sleep.  I thought the problem had do to with a modem problem(I noticed the connection with internet was lost, so also with the Velux gateway  I guess.

A few hours later that problem was gone, so I thought also the problem with the velux window. But I noticed just a quarter ago, the problem is still there. Windows closing because of rain, or expected rain, and opening after a short time, for just a small part(maybe 10%). Anyway strange. This is this first time I have this problem. What can I do about it?

What can I try to get this solved, what occurs this problem. When this problem not is solved for coming night I will put the window on manual.

• 1 month later...
On 17/08/2022 at 21:36, Temp said:

It's quite humid these days. Perhaps they open a bit for that reason?

No. Something is blocking(as a remark says in the app) why the window is not totally closing, and then the software is trying again and again, to close the window.

Not something you want, especially not when it is a windows in your bedroom. 

I don’t have any knowledge of the Velux system. I’m a bit surprised it needs an internet connection to operate? Is that really the case? 

How does it work. Does it use weather data to determine if it’s going to rain (which would explain the internet connection I guess) or does it have a water sensor? 

Is the software user configurable? 

If it’s stuck in a loop of opening and closing then it’s likely a fault. Can you close the window from an app and if so does stay closed or does the same thing happen? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2022 at 12:10, Kelvin said:

I don’t have any knowledge of the Velux system. I’m a bit surprised it needs an internet connection to operate? Is that really the case? 

How does it work. Does it use weather data to determine if it’s going to rain (which would explain the internet connection I guess) or does it have a water sensor? 

Is the software user configurable? 

If it’s stuck in a loop of opening and closing then it’s likely a fault. Can you close the window from an app and if so does stay closed or does the same thing happen? 

Yes it is using weather data to determine if it is going to rain.  And it also have a water sensor. So when it is starting raining the window automatically close.  You can change somethings in the app, but for some reason there is no way you can put off the rain sensor. I have also remote controls to operate the window. I think that is also working without internet/app.  But the window can also automatically open when the CO2 figure in the room is too high(what happens a lot with a totally closed window). And that is only working with the app/internet.  About the close problem I am afraid it has to do with a technical issue. I had this problem not  when I start using the window. 

When is stucked it is so far closed(Ventilation flap) you see what occurs the problem.

On 22/09/2022 at 12:26, Triassic said:

Could you disable the function via the App?

In our case we went for the simple rain sensor that closes the window when raining. and a remote control to open and close the window.

No I can't. And I really don't understand this is not possible. The app had just a big update, put disabling the rain sensor still not possible. I can't also not disconnect the sensor.  What I indeed can try is using the remote controle without the internet app. So I at least can do something with the window. Now I am closing and opening it manual.

29 minutes ago, robert66 said:

No I can't. And I really don't understand this is not possible. The app had just a big update, put disabling the rain sensor still not possible. I can't also not disconnect the sensor.  What I indeed can try is using the remote controle without the internet app. So I at least can do something with the window. Now I am closing and opening it manual.

It is still possible by remote control to control the window, so that is something. But I am afraid the window will still close automatically when the rain sensor notice rain:-)

Wednesday night rain expected so I will see what happens.