Replacing cast iron SVP with PVC

jayc89

I have an old SVP that takes waste from a bathroom and empties it directly into a manhole that goes into mains sewerage. This manhole is at the corner of the house, where we have a damp patch on the internal wall.

I'm pretty sure the SVP/manhole is leaking.

I want to replace the existing SVP and manhole with a new SVP, but in order to connect it to the existing underground pipe, I'll likely need a rest bend directly connected to a 90 degree turn - it's pretty tight.

Would this be ok? I don't fancy digging up half the garden (yet) just to replace some drainage pipes. 

1 hour ago, markocosic said:

Where is the drainage for that path?

Damp could just as well be splashing from floor up on wall, or there being nowhere for the water in the past to get except through the wall?

The path was the floor of an old lean-to which has been knocked down. That's probably not helping things and will eventually be dug up, but the damp was around before the lean-to roof was removed, unfortunately.

Is that damp patch the piece on the right lower wall? To me it looks above ground. Rising damp should not penetrate if the is a damp proof course. Either there is none of the leak is above ground.

You can replace the stack above ground quite easily using either a soil socket for iron or a rubber sleeve.

Depending how sever the damp is, look at either, liquid dpm, tanking and stainblock internally.