Loo cistern in attic /loft

You can buy straight lengths of 110mm pipe without collars, might be easier to fit ! The collar then becomes a double collar and these can be bought separately.

Regarding the route of the pipe. If it were me fitting the pipe I'd want to turn the Tee in the soil stack until the inlet points directly at the location of the new loo. 

How big a gap have you got between the two sets of joists? It may not be big enough to get the "correct" fall. You may have to compromise and just install the pipe with what ever fall you have!

Edited by Triassic
Added more info
  • Like 1

@Triassic. I'm not stressing over the joists /notching as they are not supporting the floor above. 

(Working from low up) The lower joists are only supporting the ceiling below, then there is a 100mm void, then new joists,  then floor. 

Do DIYers really take notice of BRegs anyway?! ? I have an organic approach! 

I see what you mean with the T but if you look at the image where I'm stood way back my position is where the second loo will be, with another loo sited under the small window next to the stack. So at what point along the small section of exposed joists in the image would I notch /run the pipe? Left along the wall, center or right of centre? 

Edited by Dee

Buy non socketed pipe lengths and fit couplers in the joist spaces. Notch the most nearest the stack and the least at the far end and you really don't need much fall at all tbh. I've run a 5m length from an ensuite previously and it had to lay flat, and I mean flat. Worked perfectly well just off the momentum of the flush and I could check as it ended in an inspection chamber. 

Biggest concern here is whether or not you can tee the 'middle' loo in with a Y branch and not a T branch. The flow of water from that one really needs to be directed so it doesn't stall in the pipe or split half left and half right. 

I ll simplify my original question.... How do I connect a new poo pipe into the old stack/bend while retaining existing set up.... The new loo will be on the other end of the black pipe (out of shot) and the old loo will go back in it's original position.... See image (obviously I've just laid the black pipe on top of joists for context!) 

DSC_0913.JPG

Edited by Dee

Are they both under the boards / in the void, or are they entering the soil pipe at different heights? 

Edit : will there be two separate connections to the vertical pipe, or one that tees for the first loo and then continues on to pick up the second one? So one run rather than two separate runs to each loo?

I will defer to the experts, but the question is all about levels.  Can you replace the branch (in the vertical stack) with a corner branch something like this:Untitled.jpg.6c5f765d81e17cf9a17f27037fdd7a68.jpg

and then you have the two runs?  Yes it means getting into the stack, but may be the easiest way.

Edited by le-cerveau
Picture failed to load

Expensive way to fix an issue ...

Use a tee on its side to go to the new pipe - a double socket would slip its "plain" end into the tee on the stack - and the just use a std 90 elbow to bring the other loo stack out of the floor. 

Quick, simple and 3 cheap components. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Ah - hence my comment ..! Flat tees and bends all the way for me ..!

Nope.  Flat Y branch on a run with no fall 9_9

8 minutes ago, PeterW said:

so get your wax crayons out and start drawing then ..!! xD

I would have last night but my wife wasn't home and I'm not allowed the sharpener ?

38 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Fiiiigght ...!!

Flat double socket Y into the tee on the stack, long radius bend into the Y for the closer bog ....

Your turn next .... 

That's better. I knew if you applied yourself properly you'd pull it out of the bag :D

Its down to space and centres now though. 

A better option is cut the existing tee out of the vertical pipe and put the corner branch there. No need for any Y branches or flow management then, plus both pipes will be in the same void at the same level so 'hidden' until they rise vertically under the WC's. 

I understand 

My 'method' was to avoid any unnecessary bends (which I assume is the ideal) cost isn't a factor here. The new poo pipe could then run straight from the corner socket straight to the new loo.......then I would know exactly where to notch the joists.....Plus the stack is very tight into the corner and I'm not sure I can get anything on or off it so I'm trying to utilise what is already there (Y joint ) Am I over thinking this ?

I've, just got back from the builder yard with PB and battons to do the ceiling........i know where i am with ceilingsO.o

Edited by Dee