internal window to be – good idea?

Dreadnaught

In this photo you can see the glazing unit from one my Danish IdealCombi windows. Its from a window that Idealcombi replaced as the frame was broken during delivery. The glazing unit is fine.

Wondering if I can mount it as an internal window in my build. 

Any thoughts about how I could make a frame for it and mount it horizontally securely within the wall?

I am going to have MF walls (70mm studs).

I can create the opening for it quite easily in the MF wall, like that for a door, with a reinforced MF beam above and below the window. That's the easy bit.

Any ideas?

The unit is triple glazed, 620 x 2220 mm …

image.jpeg.f69a8bd81e163333ed2a76cc5ad5bbba.jpeg

sounds like a great idea. don't know how to frame it or fit it but definitely be great to find a use for it.

we have a few long horizontal windows in our build (external walls though) and we love the picture frame type view it makes

5 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Make sure it's appropriate toughened if people could run / fall / lean on it. 

Thanks yes, its both toughened and laminated (outer pane) 👍 Was going to be a ground-floor window within 800mm of the ground before being bashed in transit.

Standard frame, packers (5mm) and then some beading around that. We do this kind of stuff often, customers just wanting glass to go into preformed openings with oak frame building's for example and not wanting the frames of the windows.

• Thanks 1