External drain running slow

CalvinHobbes

1 hour ago, CalvinHobbes said:

Is there a chemical that I could use

Really best not to. 

If you have cleared it a bit and it is running then chemicals will run away.

Once you have breached the blockage it should now all go away. There is either another problem (the drain may be damaged or have roots in it), or more rodding, and even flushing should be better.

Have you been able to rod from both ends?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CalvinHobbes said:

did the video thin

I first thought you meant a drain survey by video, which is a common thing. The most boring video I ever watched, even though it was a very dirty video indeed.

Well done though. I don't understand what you did, can you explain further?

I know I have done the landlords job but I want to stay here till our house is up. 

Oh and this is what I did with out of date baking soda bunged in for good measure. 🤣🤣 it probably had no effect, I think the hose and pressure just pushed it free that last bit (after the rods). 

Edited by CalvinHobbes

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/06/2022 at 21:30, CalvinHobbes said:

Used the rods and powerhose, a bit better but renting this place and would rather not spend a lot. Is there a chemical that I could use? Cheers

Don’t use drain chemicals they burn the rubber seals on joints and seen it melting pipes several times in the past, also if you get a splash back it will burn through burn into skin through clothing. Have 20 years experience running my own cleaning clearing and repair business just hate the stuff should be banned from selling the stuff.

• Thanks 2