Scratch built solar PV divertor

Radian

Yes - seen it, sadly my work for the block has gone on the back burner as work, build, family, looking after friends with issues and otherwise life has slowed me down. Will get back to it though. I did play with ESP-NOW to help a student with their project last session, worked well but limited number of nodes in network if you want security (and that is pretty basic) but sounds like a good fit for @Radians challenge.  

13 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

I hope @MikeSharp01 sees this, then he can tell me how to make a better energy monitor.

I wish I understood all this communication business better.

Start by working out what you actually want as the end result then we may be able to advise on how to achieve it.

• 6 months later...

Now we've had some decent Solar and have been diverting useful amounts of energy, I made a control panel for my phone using the MQTT messages sent by the diverter:

Can anyone think of any extra info I could show?

Screenshot_20230510-182204-095.thumb.jpg.452ba515bf412f4c5deb1adc5574184c.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Radian said:

Now we've had some decent Solar and have been diverting useful amounts of energy, I made a control panel for my phone using the MQTT messages sent by the diverter:

Can anyone think of any extra info I could show?

Screenshot_20230510-182204-095.thumb.jpg.452ba515bf412f4c5deb1adc5574184c.jpg

“ SWMBO home “ panic alert . Because when that happens any energy efficiencies go out the window …

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

Decimal place rounding on the Temperature HI.

Isn't it funny. I remember noticing that immediately and thought "gotta round that down" then promptly left it like that.

I really ought to get into the habit of making a to-do list but I've been resisting my entire life. I think I once thought it'd  be better for the grey matter to remember stuff rather than write it down, then persisted in that belief way beyond the time when it might have been appropriate. 

6 minutes ago, Radian said:

really ought to get into the habit of making a to-do list but I've been resisting my entire life. I think I once thought it'd  be better for the grey matter to remember stuff rather than write it down, then persisted in that belief way beyond the time when it might have been appropriate. 

Yes me too - now I need a pay it to remind me to make a list.

PS that is some ADC, and sensor combi that can resolve to 4dp over 100 degree range 1 in a million or is this wine getting to me.

11 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

PS that is some ADC, and sensor combi that can resolve to 4dp over 100 degree range 1 in a million or is this wine getting to me.

It's somehow morphed from the original value read back from a DS18B20, put in a JSON object, sent over MQTT then turned back into a FP value.😝