Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
5 minutes ago, garrymartin said:

Reverse a clamp head and use it as a spreader between the two? Couple of pieces of softwood against the threads to protect them?

 

You may need to pick away at any visible adhesive and/or grout if they are really bedded in, but strange if they are.

 

Hi stakes stuff, I'm a bit chicken on this since if something breaks I'm in a world of pain

Posted
41 minutes ago, MortarThePoint said:

 

Hi stakes stuff, I'm a bit chicken on this since if something breaks I'm in a world of pain

 

I get that, but what's your alternative? It's difficult to see how much leeway you may have and how embedded the fitting is, because the focus is on the rule rather than the fitting.

 

What's going over the top to conceal it? Does that give you enough coverage to enlarge the hole slightly? Could you get a diamond holesaw over the top of the existing fitting to clear a little tile and adhesive/grout? You'd possibly need a template/guide to keep it from moving around, but it might be the best option to give you some play if it really is solid. Cut a hole in a spare tile. Stick that to the wall with something temporary (silicone?) to give you a guide?

 

image.png.da48cf3a8ce7f958af78f1bfaf4a2758.png

Posted
1 hour ago, garrymartin said:

I get that, but what's your alternative? It's difficult to see how much leeway you may have and how embedded the fitting is, because the focus is on the rule rather than the fitting.

 

What's going over the top to conceal it? Does that give you enough coverage to enlarge the hole slightly? Could you get a diamond holesaw over the top of the existing fitting to clear a little tile and adhesive/grout? You'd possibly need a template/guide to keep it from moving around, but it might be the best option to give you some play if it really is solid. Cut a hole in a spare tile. Stick that to the wall with something temporary (silicone?) to give you a guide?

 

Good thought, but I think it's all pretty solid.

 

I tried some 25mm Amazon decorative covers/Escutcheon with the 46mm cranked connectors that I have and they were cheap rubbish so didn't run true and were just to short as well.

 

I've ordered yet another set of covers/cranked connectors: 

    Grohe 12984045 dimensions which I hope are the same as these ones on Amazon

    image.png.fe492b5271f863c2d9946678f2caf36b.png

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/GROHE-12662000-Grohe-12662000-S-Connector/dp/B003NA5M1Q

 

I wish I could find these 35mm cranked connectors in stainless or Chrome:

    image.png.cc01d02d04dcda04e95aae3f1e805d22.png

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HavenlyCove-S-Connector-Adjustable-140-160mm-Fitting/dp/B0H1BHB9TP

 

Posted
1 hour ago, MortarThePoint said:

 

Good thought, but I think it's all pretty solid.

 

I tried some 25mm Amazon decorative covers/Escutcheon with the 46mm cranked connectors that I have and they were cheap rubbish so didn't run true and were just to short as well.

 

I've ordered yet another set of covers/cranked connectors: 

    Grohe 12984045 dimensions which I hope are the same as these ones on Amazon

    image.png.fe492b5271f863c2d9946678f2caf36b.png

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/GROHE-12662000-Grohe-12662000-S-Connector/dp/B003NA5M1Q

 

I wish I could find these 35mm cranked connectors in stainless or Chrome:

    image.png.cc01d02d04dcda04e95aae3f1e805d22.png

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/HavenlyCove-S-Connector-Adjustable-140-160mm-Fitting/dp/B0H1BHB9TP

 

There’s loads available

 

image.thumb.png.813b7bdf798164f0745bad6d0ba59f25.png

Posted
4 hours ago, MortarThePoint said:

 

Hi stakes stuff, I'm a bit chicken on this since if something breaks I'm in a world of pain

Clear the grout / adhesive away from each outlet and get a decent sized bar as I suggested. 100mm is a stub, which will give you near zero effective leverage.

 

You need 1mm of movement on each one to get you to 150mm centres, is that correct?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...