UFH system design and supply

Chanmenie

Hi

Can anyone recommend a company for UFH design and supply, I know about Wunda, but are there any other really reliable places I could go, or with help from you guys could I go full DIY.
I have a trade account with City plumbing but would need to know what I should get, to install a reliable system.

Download LoopCAD and you can design your own quite easily - it runs for 30 days on the free version. You can pick up all of the parts on the internet but avoid the cheap manifolds on eBay. 

14 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

Quick question, if the UFH pipes are at the bottom of a 120mm slab can the pipes go under the internal non load bearing walls ? 

No problems there just not a great idea to have the pipes low in the slab. How much insulation is underneath?

13 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

No problems there just not a great idea to have the pipes low in the slab. How much insulation is underneath?

200mm PIR, I just prefer to staple the pipes to the PIR than tie to mesh 

48 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

can the pipes go under the internal non load bearing walls ? 

Some of my pipes go through internal load bearing walls rather than long loops through doorways leading to too many pipes in a small space (IMO) over sized holes lined with overflow pipe 👍

22 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

I just prefer to staple the pipes to the PIR than tie to mesh 

That’s what I did, helper to unroll the pipe into place and I followed with the staple gun.

5 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Some of my pipes go through internal load bearing walls rather than long loops through doorways leading to too many pipes in a small space (IMO) over sized holes lined with overflow pipe 👍

That’s what I did, helper to unroll the pipe into place and I followed with the staple gun.

Thanks Joe, yeah I was concerned about one of the doorways getting very congested where the pipes would go to the open plan kitchen living dinning area 

I won’t need to go through loadbearing walls as there aren’t any internally.

yeah that was my plan also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chanmenie said:

Unfortunately I have a Mac computer so loopcad not an option, unless I can borrow a windows laptop from somewhere 

You can install Windows 10 on a Mac, but you will need to buy a license. You will also need enough hard drive space, 64gb minimum. This uses Boot Camp, an app already installed on your Mac. When you do a hard restart of your Mac, you choose whether you want to run Windows or Mac OS. If suspending from sleep you stay in the current selected operating system. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201468

You can download Windows 10 from Microsoft. Don’t need licence for initial install. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

It may seem daunting, but it is actually quite straightforward. 

Bit off topic, sorry. I just don’t want Mac owners to think they can’t run Windows software. There is another method using Virtualisation, this allows you to run MacOS and Windows simultaneously, this is a bit more complicated. 

Edited by Nick Laslett