Building control

davejura

I can't get hold of my BC officer. I've emailed and left messages, but he is rarely in his office and doesn't give out his mobile. We are starting the kit and think we are due an inspection. Just going to crack on and take lots of photos as don't know what else we can do? Any advice? Been trying him for weeks now, as has my builder on a different matter.

I had this quite a bit. Might depend a bit where you are in the country. In our LA in Scotland you need to submit forms through the ebuilding portal when you reach the notification stages defined in your building warrant. 

Despite doing this at a fair few stages it only rarely triggered a visit from the BCO

As long as you've done what you've been asked to do regarding any formal  notification at stages I'd just continue with lots of photos.

The points I had to have building control come out and see work was after digging out foundation, prior to plasterboard, inspection of drains (even then he said wait until final inspection for that).  Final inspection when we get to that point.