manrose fan ducting and fittings

James94

Finlay ordered 3 MF100T inline fans,one for toilet which will be a 6m length to external wall. One will be a utility 3m length to fan in garage and other will be kitchen 6m length to fan in garage,this is where two fans will exit via one hole in external wall 4 m length. I have been looking at the ducting here (https://www.toolstation.com/pvc-flexible-ducting-hose/p30076)has anyone ever used it and what do you think to the quality? I would also like to know what connections and fittings i may require to complete the job. I have tried speaking to Verplas technical but just goes through to mail box.

Regards  James

16 hours ago, James94 said:

this is where two fans will exit via one hole in external wall 4 m length.

Don’t forget to put backdraught shutters in the lines near the fans then if you’re using a single hole - you should also increase the last combined section to 150mm to deal with the increased volume of both (plus any pressure loss ) and use Y branches not T branches, all of which adds to cost. Why not just run both out side by side ..??

Sorry fot the late response been a little busy, the reason i was looking at the fleible duct from toolstation was it looks a little better quality than the thin shite you can get and its in 6m lengths.I cant seem to see any long lengths of rigid duct on screw fix or tool station, only small sections not sure what there all about.

I have quite a lot of virgin ducting left over would this work?

Thanks for the backdraft shutter tip I'll put one in, imay have to do the same with each of the bathrooms they go out through roof tile vents and i can feel a draft coming back in through them both.

Regards  James