can you help me find a particular light fitting

Adsibob

I have a small eaves space that is about 4'6" high. Electrician has put in wiring so that we can have light there to be able to use it for storage (it is about 6' deep). The wiring comes out right at the apex of the eaves and it would be great if I could find a long and narrow light fitting that has a very low profile so that I don't lose so much of the 4'6" height. 

I found this, which has dimensions of 630x28x44mm and so is a possibility but two things are putting me off. the 44mm downwards projection is more than ideal, although query whether it will really make a difference. It seems to have an awful energy rating (E).  I won't be using this light that often, but it seems a shame to install it when everything else in the house is much more energy efficient.

Anyone suggest something better?

You could use an LED strip slotted into a Ali extrusion (similar to under cabinet). 
but 40-50mm at the apex of an eaves space isn’t much use anyway. 
poor energy rating on an LED especially as it’s only 10w anyway seems really odd.

7 minutes ago, markc said:

You could use an LED strip slotted into a Ali extrusion (similar to under cabinet). 
but 40-50mm at the apex of an eaves space isn’t much use anyway. 
poor energy rating on an LED especially as it’s only 10w anyway seems really odd.

something like this: https://www.smart-light.co.uk/product/20w-led-grill-fitting-with-samsung-chip-2ft-60cm/

55 minutes ago, Temp said:

This is potentially an excellent solution. Only issue is that the strip lights this works with are low voltage ones, whereas my power supply there is high voltage. Is it complicated to install a transformer?

Take a look at this page..

https://www.ledspace.co.uk/pages/led-strip-kit-builders

Their "kit builder" works out what you need to make complete mains powered light(s) including the power supply. It works out which power supply you need based on the length of the light fitting and/or number of fittings. I don't think the power supply fits in the channel if that matters.

I'm sure someone must make a similar ready assembled unit if you don't want to build one.

Edited by Temp