Underground Pipe

Hello!

I've hit this pipe whilst digging, it's around 150mm deep. I've dug a pilot hole further down to verify it's not just loose pipe and it extends further into my garden at seemingly an increasing depth. It protrudes immediately behind my garden fence without seemingly going anywhere. It's not a T junction, it just goes up out of the ground. On my house plans there is an item stating there is "SW Storage" underground on my plot and a few others. I've attached a few pictures. Any idea's what this is?

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-23 at 6.25.31 PM.jpeg

278712202_5666420893387336_4976715814473819778_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, ProDave said:

SW is possibly surge water?  A rainwater runoff system?

What are you starting to build?  if it's just decking, it might not be an issue?

We asked about it at the time of purchase and that sounds about right. I can't find the e-mail but it was some sort of overflow.

We're doing french drains around the perimeter, so I needed to get deeper than this pipe really. I don't know for sure that's what this pipe is. Weird that one end is just protruding behind the garden though. I'm curious to find out what it is as I'm sure whatever the minimum depth required for this, they've not hit it.

If this is just for a French drain, I would have thought you could excavate carefully around / under it and install your French drain as planned with this pipe passing through.  I would guess this is a vent pipe?

Around it isn't really an option as to get to the depth required, I'd be half way down the garden to reach the point where the pipe has become low enough. I'm thinking of starting and stopping the drain either side of it. Seems the easiest option, just a little annoyed at the depth they've installed it, it seems poorly done not that I know much about that topic. Surely the pipe should be more than 15cm deep but also surely the pipe shouldn't be completely open at the end? A gated end at least.