Best wet room system on the market?

Have decided to go for a wet room system after struggling to find a suitable shower tray that is the correct size (unless I paid a fortune for a bespoke made one which I just can't justify). Ideally I'm after a size of 1800-2000 x 1100 with linear waste ideally.

I can find wet room systems for a 1800x1000 size which is the closest size I can find by Abacas bathrooms online for approx £500.

Is there a top brand that is universally known for being high quality?

Any tips on making sure I get the wet room right?

On 13/04/2022 at 22:38, ashthekid said:

Have decided to go for a wet room system after struggling to find a suitable shower tray that is the correct size (unless I paid a fortune for a bespoke made one which I just can't justify). Ideally I'm after a size of 1800-2000 x 1100 with linear waste ideally.

I can find wet room systems for a 1800x1000 size which is the closest size I can find by Abacas bathrooms online for approx £500.

Is there a top brand that is universally known for being high quality?

Any tips on making sure I get the wet room right?

That sounds like the ababcus one I fitted. It looks good and works well, but the quality was a bit crap and their idea of customer service is even worse. It was warped everywhere and had cracks where the waste joins the board, So I needed to be wary about those issues when fitting it

On 20/04/2022 at 18:58, ashthekid said:

That doesn't like a great experience with Abacus then?

I wouldn't recommend the company at all sadly, they couldn't care less about the issues and just said "that's what they are like and we can refund you if you want"

OK.

So Wedi Fundo may be a solution. Just looked at solutions for current clients 2 wetroom showers, one whole of room, another most of the room, and the Fundo sloping board may be what you will need to get that area.

https://www.wedi.net/uk/products/building-systems/floor-level-showers/fundo-sloping-board/

You’ll need to work out backwards, from the room entrance door threshold in, to work out how much depth you’ll need for the tray former section to go in and allow you little to no step at the doorway. NOTE that the Wedi is soft and absorbs point of impact poorly, so either large format tiles or a mosaic with minimum size of 50mm x 50xx will be the only finish you can go with. If tiling with large format and the tile diminishes down to nothing, you may have issues there too eg when stan=ding on heel at that point you will get movement. You can mitigate by building up a couple of additional layers of reinforcing mesh and tile adhesive, b it be aware that this Wedi product cannot take LVT etc, only tiles as above.

FYI, I’ve done loads of Wedi installs, with absolutely zero issues, so as long as you understand the gotcha’s you’ll be fine.

5 hours ago, James94 said:

We was set on the jackoboard 1600x900 x30mm, only problem was the waste is central and I have a joist down the centre of each opening.

Regards. James

The diamond is a clever “offset centre”, so if you lift and rotate 180 degrees you’ll miss the joist ;)