Lead flashings

Hi everyone.

I had planned to add a diagonal lead flashing, down the wall, over my lead soakers. The issue however is the wall I want to put the diagonal flashing on, is not in a great state. In certain parts the gap in the bricks are white deep, so I don't think normal lead would work. I dont think Sticky 'lead' tape would work either. Is there any other way?. Some sort of render over the lead soakers. I'd rather not render the whole wall, as it's the neighbours and like I said, its not in great nick. 

Once again the wall is really quite soft and old. I dont want to mess about too much with it, or I could be opening a can of worms for myself. 

Any ideas are appreciated.

Cheers. Jim

20220308_130432.thumb.jpg.707631692ee50530b5c81a916002ac60.jpg

Edited by Colms
Spelling mistake

seems to be a helluva steep roof? so top two course are laid in direction of fall, i certainly wouldn't want to disturb them in case they decide to slide. what about running a quick cut parallel to the edge of soakers and carefully fitting lead into that? may not look too odd as both roofs at differing angles

I did try to cut parallel, but the bricks are so soft that they wouldn't really take the lead very well. Also, some of the bricks are blown so much that the lead 'lip' in the brick work would have to be 50mm +. No easy solution here. I may end up trying to use some sort of render and then using that lead tape. 

20220308_130430.jpg

To excuse the pun.

Rather than interfering with your neighbours tiles can you create a rain screen effect.

Here you would fix maybe a metal channel type section to the good bricks, could be timber protected by dpc. The rain screen would belong to you but over sail the neighbour's tiles.

You could run Code 4 lead vertically, say in 900mm lengths so manageable and easier to fold neatly.

That may be enough to solve any problem and allow air up behind the "rain screen" lead?

If you are using lead don't forget to coat with patination oil on both the front and back of the flashing.

You would need a wee nifty bit at the top but if it looks promising in principle the you should be able to devise some kind of capping flashing?

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately, TEMP,  next doors roof is very old. The mortar is already coming loose , so don't want to touch it. 

GUS, I'm not totally sure what you mean, it sounds Interesting though, would you mind showing me an example of s9meyhing similar, just fir my own clarity. 

And Tonyshouse, that was original plan but the bricks are so soft and damaged, it work work.