Flue gases

Jilly

We've just had a new Worcester LPG boiler fitted. The flu is about 2m from the south facing patio door which we leave open a lot... you know where this is going. To my horror, it was a bit windy and the waste gases were drawn in like a vortex into the building. What can we do? We've been signed off (the plumber used a friend to sign off the LPG installation and boiler). I'm horrified. Does this mean all summer I can't use the hot taps if the patio door is open?! Can't use that door in winter when the UFH is on?! It's our main entrance door. Trying not to stress...

Pleased to find I haven't been deleted.

Here is a picture of the flue and offending door. The windy day wasn't an aberration, I have watched the flue gasses gently sink and waft past this window so it definitely needs a solution. Not sure how to stop it looking like a dogs dinner. The plumber didn't have LPG qualifications, so fitted it and a colleague inspected and signed it off 2 days ago. Flue.thumb.jpg.aef6f10c9cd4c9499c343652d3a04215.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jilly said:

Not sure how to stop it looking like a dogs dinner

It looks to me that you're in a very fortunate position - a black plume management kit would be barely visible against your dark cladding. It might be difficult to predict exactly the minimum viable option, but a 'snorkel' type of extension to raise the height of the exhaust gases really ought to work.

Edited by MJNewton
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jilly said:

Does it have to be vertical? I'm assuming if so, to above the roofline, if that option is needed, it would need a brace of some sort? 

either vertical or horizontal (has to be above the outlet in any case) and has a single bracket that holds it. It is only the small central tube that gets extended so is about 50mm dia

• Thanks 1