Spot the cold bridges...

Brand new £850k "bespoke" developer home 50m from our plot. Vast majority of homes in the area still had their full coat of frost at this time. Maybe this guy has the gas on 24x7 and the thermostat set to 25c??!!!

(The chimneys are fake fibreglass jobs, I don't think the houses have open fires)

PXL_20220211_075400160.jpg

20 minutes ago, Conor said:

Brand new £850k "bespoke" developer home 50m from our plot. Vast majority of homes in the area still had their full coat of frost at this time. Maybe this guy has the gas on 24x7 and the thermostat set to 25c??!!!

(The chimneys are fake fibreglass jobs, I don't think the houses have open fires)

PXL_20220211_075400160.jpg

Loft extension leaking heat..  

9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Loft extension leaking heat..  

Bet the insulated the roof as far as the loft ceiling and didn't bother putting any into the loft/ridge. I know the builder he's a good guy, high quality work and does higher end stuff. Makes you wonder what goes on at the sites where they don't care at all.

• Like 2

About 4 years ago my daughter moved into (luckily renting) a brand new 4 bed development house …. Unbelievably bad quality, insulation was thrown into the loft space, plumbing was forever leaving, flickering lights and appliances due to loose connections. At least they didn’t need the lounge concrete slab breaking up to get to the foul drain like next door.

just bought her a 50’s council house and she immediately noticed the difference in build quality .. walls don’t move when you close doors, can’t hear the neighbours talking outside and she says it feels so much warmer

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Conor said:

Bet the insulated the roof as far as the loft ceiling and didn't bother putting any into the loft/ridge. I know the builder he's a good guy, high quality work and does higher end stuff. Makes you wonder what goes on at the sites where they don't care at all.

Could be a leaky loft hatch.....

People buy by form, and suffer with function. Looks great  Actually a sack of s... 

Edited by Marvin
Add info

10 hours ago, Conor said:

I'm disappointed with the performance of the roof lights

Were they velux ? Did you use the  insulation kits they provide ? I insulated my own as I went so that I could be sure it was well done. 

Just now, Cpd said:

Were they velux ? Did you use the  insulation kits they provide ? I insulated my own as I went so that I could be sure it was well done. 

No, keylight. They are fitted as per the instructions but we added 50mm insualtion around the reveal before plaster boarding.