Slab

Barney12

We're 4 days into our groundworks and the slab prep is nearly there, another day of levelling and rolling and we will have it cracked. The ground works guys (and me!) have been putting in 10-11 hours days all week. 

Several hundred tons of earth and rock moved and close 150 tonnes of new material added. 

Our split level slab makes things much more tricky! 

Ill be really glad when this bit is over! 

Attachment-1.thumb.jpeg.5ed447d5c0b1d225467981d424962533.jpeg

• Like 4

Very neat and tidy. ?

The only thing i would would say is stop the 11 hour days. It's a marathon not a sprint. 

If you rush around doing the ground work to get it ready for the slab, you bet you will rush around doing the slab ready for the frame and so on. 

Our last house I said to myself I would not be on site before 7.30 and would always be away by 5 and only do research and have a tidy up on weekends. 

At the end of it I had enjoyed every day on site and would do it again in a heartbeat. 

2 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

Very neat and tidy. ?

The only thing i would would say is stop the 11 hour days. It's a marathon not a sprint. 

If you rush around doing the ground work to get it ready for the slab, you bet you will rush around doing the slab ready for the frame and so on. 

Our last house I said to myself I would not be on site before 7.30 and would always be away by 5 and only do research and have a tidy up on weekends. 

At the end of it I had enjoyed every day on site and would do it again in a heartbeat. 

Sage advice. I certainly couldn't keep up this pace. 

As you say though thoroughly enjoyable! 

2 hours ago, Cpd said:

It always feels great when you arrive on site in the morning and its all tidy and ready to go, looks very business like, well done. 

Ive spent most of the last 4 days simply running around keeping things tidy. And of course making what seems like dozens of decisions "on the fly" each hour.

This is my first full self build but I've done 3 full refirbs/conversions for our previous houses. 

I cant abide an untidy site!

• Like 1