two MVHR units?

Time to start worrying about the MVHR.

The volume of our build looks like it's around the 1200m3 mark, so we need a unit capable of about 600m3/hr. This seems to be at the upper end of many of the larger models (the Vent-Axia kinetic high flow can manage 700m3/hr) which I guess has implications for noise and efficiency. Would two smaller units work better?I  could have one unit serving the main living area which is approx 600m3 and a second serving the rest - but the two areas wouldn't be isolated from each other by a door. Would there be any issues with balancing the units do you think?

I've got a single Airflow DV1100, which can deliver 1100m³/h. It's classed as a commercial unit, but PH certified. I'm at 1650m³ and on boost only need to run it at 65%, so generally runs very quietly.

Blimey Ian, just had a look at those, and at approx £10k it seems probably only you and George Soros could afford one! I was thinking more along the lines of a few of the Salda units, which at £1200 each makes it seem a bit more affordable...

I have two units (1x big and 1x small), big one serving most the house and second the two spare bedrooms, one ensuite and the main bedroom en suite.

They will borrow air from other areas but that is fine, as long as the system is balanced as a whole and the individual units are also balanced.

18 minutes ago, Tom said:

Blimey Ian, just had a look at those, and at approx £10k it seems probably only you and George Soros could afford one! I was thinking more along the lines of a few of the Salda units, which at £1200 each makes it seem a bit more affordable...

You can get them much cheaper, it was around £7.5K with all ducts, terminals, distribution boxes, heat/cool wet heat exchanger, plumbing valves, controls + + + 

Airflow will do your design free of charge and then give you the Bill of Materials to take around to their distributors for the best price. The volume the distributors sell determines the terms they have with Airflow. TP gave me the best price, but they didn't have a clue what they were selling me, just ordered what was on the Bill of Materials and delivered it.

The likes of BPC couldn't get close to the price either for the DV1100, or an equivalent system with 2 domestic units.

Edited by IanR