Pink mould??

vala

Hi all,

can anyone help identify what this staining is to the grout?

a quick Google has brought up it possibly being pink mould but wanted to get some other opinions as well?

For info, the grouting was completed in the first week of Jan, and the bathroom hasn't had any heat on until today.

the bathroom is not in use and won't be for another 3-4 weeks.

thanks

7860A6A6-E9FE-474A-BA5A-112CA9F2BD33.thumb.jpeg.4e145d08d8ebde328225dbaaa19f0aa0.jpeg

14 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Not necessarily mould.

Has the shower  been used at all?

Is the staining close to the shower or everywhere?

Shower along with the whole bathroom has not been used, and most likely won't be for another 3-4 weeks at least.

This particular area in the picture is behind where the bathtub will be.

There's another area which is on an opposite wall and one more to the side of the toilet.

The toilet is the only thing that's plumbed in and operational, and has been for the last 2 weeks.

House is unoccupied so toilet only used when we're here doing work.

@saveasteading

Tbh there's been no such dusty works since the finishing of the grout. It's just been installing the fittings, toilet. Outside of the bathroom there's been skirting and loft insulation but we have a dust guard thing down over the bathroom entrance.

Been trying all sorts to clean it off. It hasn't so far budged.

Was thinking of getting some grout or mould cleaner from screwfix on my way back over tomorrow and seeing what effect that that but thought I'd seek advice here first.

@ToughButterCup
I'll have a go tomorrow with the diluted bleach and scrubbing and see how it gets on. Bathroom is slowly getting some temp in it so hopefully by the morning it'll be better. Thanks for the heads up!