Magnetic Plaster

Guest Alphonsox

Guest Alphonsox

At the recent NEC show British Gypsum were showing off their magnetic plaster. It's applied as a standard plaster with no special requirements. Although expensive it looks like a useful product. I'm thinking of using it on a section of kitchen wall but would appreciate any feedback that anyone has.

http://www.roomsmadeforyou.british-gypsum.com/solutions/magnetic-wall.aspx

Guest Alphonsox

I've seen some poor reviews of magnetic paint with regards to its magnetic properties (any more than a single sheet of paper failing to stay put). The magnetic plaster seems to have a fair bit more grip.

15 minutes ago, Alphonsox said:

I've seen some poor reviews of magnetic paint with regards to its magnetic properties (any more than a single sheet of paper failing to stay put). The magnetic plaster seems to have a fair bit more grip.

Fair enough. Our kids just stuck magnetic shapes and letters on the wall.

(We did another section in blackboard paint).

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/05/2016 at 14:18, Alphonsox said:

I'm with Alphonsox on this, I got all excited a while back with the idea but soon dropped the idea after going online a digging around to see if it does what it says on the tin. The magnetic paint seems to have a more positive vibe;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alphonsox

The plasterers finished today - the last thing that was done was the magnetic plaster - I decided on a 5mm depth rather than the 3mm minimum the manufactures specify. In theory we can just paint it over the same as any other plaster. 

Edited by Alphonsox
Image deleted due to copyright issues

• 2 years later...
Guest Alphonsox

Ours has been in place for a couple of years now and has been painted with white emulsion to match the rest of the walls We’re very pleased with the result. We’re using tiny neodymium magnets to pin stuff, they easily hold  multiple sheets of A4.