MVHR pipe height change

Living on site is worse!. Now I go and look at things all the time and worry about the next f up.

These red mvhr pipes change from a low level ceiling to a higher level ceiling.

The problem is ;that higher ceiling needs to happen as soon as possible after the lower one ( due to staircase and head height issues ).

But the pipes of course need a 'run' to gradually rise to the new level.

Can I cut them and fit some kind of 90/45 junction so I can change height far quicker???

IMG_5192.jpg

8 minutes ago, Iceverge said:

You could make a couple of custom OSB/MDF boxes wit a larger inner volume to compensate for the bends. Also MVHR fittings can oft be very expensive for no good reason. 

image.thumb.png.6420250612f593458766cf2b18f00226.png

Yeah that’s a better plan !

So cut and just make an air tight box . Won’t cause condensation or anything to occur would it ???

If it is a head height over stairs issue, then assuming the pipes tight against the lower ceiling at the point of the "step" gives enough height, then the pipe only needs to "rise" at 42 degrees, the steepest angle of a staircase.  So no need for really tight bends, just strap it to conform to that.

2 hours ago, pocster said:

So cut and just make an air tight box . Won’t cause condensation or anything to occur would it ???

No risk of condensation so long as your ducting is in the heated envelope. 

I would consider making a dedicated MVHR sound proof enclosure with built in silencers if doing it again. My DIY silencer alone is working a treat.