Ruth Barrstt

Hi All

We are building a SIP house on Easdale Island in Argyll. The house is being handed over at the basic wind & watertight stage after which it's down to us. My partner does not keep well so most of the work is down to me to research, organise, order and execute! I'm one of those people who, even if I'm not actually doing a task, needs to understand how it's done and why. I'm a bit of a novice (renovated before but not built) so please bear with me if I ask really basic questions! Reading through topics on here is helpful. 

Thanks in advance

Ruth 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Ruth, I am local to the Oban area ? so your not that far away. There is so much good information available on previous threads so have a good read. 
basic questions are a good starting point ! Best of luck. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ruth Barrstt said:

house  in Argyll.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I think it is sometimes best to be anonymous. Who knows who is reading this, and you might want to discuss builders/suppliers/consultants and, dare I say, local authority?

I don't give my name and the location is vague:   enough to provide context but not where it is. I'm sure it would not take much detective work to find more, but it avoids chance discovery on google.

So if I was you I would start again as 'made-up-name' , Argyll.  But that is entirely up to you, and others may disagree

• Like 2