Window protection

cwr

Our nice new rationel windows fitted yesterday. Very pleased with them, but paranoid about them getting marked during the rest of the build.

Our builder had quoted for applying plastic sheeting to protect them, but considering doing this myself to save several hundred £. 

Has anyone else done this and/or have any recommendations? 

Thanks

Worth doing. Builders seem to make a point of leaning tools and materials against new windows and walls, and splashing mortar around.

I would think the easy solution is the cling-film protection usually used internally for floors and kitchen surfaces.

better than that, found this 

£6.29

Defo cover them up. The Blue film blocks a lot of light. I'd use the clear stuff if I was to do it again. Also consider taking the handles off and/or hiding the temporary handle. Our windows were inexplicably used by roofers and plasters to cart up materials to the upper scaffolding with the subsequent wear and damage to windows and seals. I can't figure out why they just didn't use the telehandler. 

On 22/12/2021 at 12:23, nod said:

If you have any exterior render 

The render company should protect exterior  windows frames and cils 

Well... the builder is organising the render and has also quoted for protection. So i guess I'd be paying extra for it.

I take it these films go over the frames and glazing in one go?

37 minutes ago, cwr said:

Well... the builder is organising the render and has also quoted for protection. So i guess I'd be paying extra for it.

I take it these films go over the frames and glazing in one go?

Yes your renderers will cover every inch of the frame and glass with plastic and tape 

Regardless of whether your builder charges you extra 

It’s in there quote 

• 1 month later...

Got some film and had a play around with it. Tricky enough to do a neat job, assuming your supposed to cover the frames up to the edge of where the plaster will come to? Maybe taping the edges would be better as suggested above. Is the way or do this to pull the film taught across the frames, or push it in to the glazing? Seems like such a simple thing, maybe I'm tired...