Stud wall - End studs

crispy_wafer

4x2 CLS is as solid as f*ck mate - good choice. Mind you - I just paid £9.50 + VAT per length for my last batch so not cheap.

Pack the acoustic insulation in and you will have some decent walls.

Attached is what I've just paid from my local timber yard, most of it turned up as C24, However it's got to point now where I've just spent a load on timber and mvhr ducting, should keep me busy for a couple of months before I need to spend again! (I only get a 10-14 hrs a week on the build, Christmas/new years week is going to be an absolute godsend for me).  I just need a clear plan so I can crack on and chip away.  It's come to something when my light reading is the LABC warranty handbook and scouring buildhub for pictures of how it's done.  It's all about the finer points.

image.png.d81e90a0fc398904f6357bc6109ef620.png

19 minutes ago, crispy_wafer said:

Attached is what I've just paid from my local timber yard, most of it turned up as C24, However it's got to point now where I've just spent a load on timber and mvhr ducting, should keep me busy for a couple of months before I need to spend again! (I only get a 10-14 hrs a week on the build, Christmas/new years week is going to be an absolute godsend for me).  I just need a clear plan so I can crack on and chip away.  It's come to something when my light reading is the LABC warranty handbook and scouring buildhub for pictures of how it's done.  It's all about the finer points.

image.png.d81e90a0fc398904f6357bc6109ef620.png

If it's not delivered yet, change that OSB order for 2400 by 1200 metric.

I really don't know why they still make it imperial size, but if you use that and set your stud spacing for that, it will not match the plasterboard, alternatively you will be cursing at trimming every sheet down to 1200 to make it work.

And are you really paying £30 per sheet?  Christ on a bike.

haha yes that's what we are paying, all the yards round me are at that price, if not more, in the end though that's all I needed so that's what I paid.  It's bracing for the inside of the cathedral ceiling, otherwise I'd have swerved it.  Thanks for the advice though ?

He who has little knowledge spend lot of time fixing to make things work!