Pipe not running straight out of valve

Loz

Hi,

Plumber was doing bathroom today and was plumbing in thermostatic valve for shower in copper, all looks good other than the pipe that comes out of the top and runs up into attic for rainfall shower head.  As there was something in way pipe is running at an angle - probably about 5 degrees, hot and cold filled and no leak but could this cause a weak point further down the line or doesn't it matter ?  Will be a tiled wall ultimately so a pain if ever leaked in future. Just looks weird as every other pipe goes straight into its housing other than this one and can't help feeling it should be straight.  Guess only solution would be a couple of right angle bends close together - not sure of that would reduce flow at all as want max flow to the shower head or tp bend the pipe but bit late for that now as all hooked up.  Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lawrence

It’s not the best pipe instal, but the compression joint ( and olive ) will have confirmed to grip and seal onto that without issue.

I doubt you’ll have any problems tbh, but 2 mins with a pipe bender would have done this the world of good.

I’m surprised at how many plumbers don’t own one, but some seem a bit scared of them. Either that or they simply cannot be bothered. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks both for replying, was hoping general opinion would be that it is okay, system has been filled so no leaks, was just concerned could be a weak point over time but sounds like will be fine to leave as is, I think there is a very slight bend in the pipe but could have probably benefitted from a bit more,

Many thanks,

Lawrence