Worktop delaminating: which glue to use?

The drying cycle of our dishwasher includes a phase where the dishwasher door opens automatically. I think it does so to help the dishes dry off without using any electricity.

Today I find that the bottom of the worktop in line with the dishwasher door is starting to delaminate. Not all the way along , but about 100mm or so is delaminating quite bady.

This feels like a put-the-toothpaste-back-in-the-tube-moment.  Is there any way I can glue the laminate back into place?

Is this the "worktop" that typically rolls over the top and down the front edge?  Or the under side covering?

Our dishwasher came with a roll of self adhesive aluminium tape that was supposed to be stuck to the underside of the worktop right at the front to protect it from condensation in this situation.

I would suggest something like Stixall which is a waterproof adhesive pressed into the crack as best you can then the aluminium tape.

14 minutes ago, MikeSharp01 said:

Is it just the surface lamination pulling away or is the worktop plywood and de-laminating internally?

The latter..... aaargggghhhhh

10 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Or the under side covering?

I would suggest something like Stixall which is a waterproof adhesive pressed into the crack as best you can then the aluminium tape.

I  think I need to dig the bubbling delaminating bit, strip it back a bit, Stixall and aluminium tape.

All to be done while I'm upside down. Suppose I could use a mirror....

Ughhhh.

Our dishwasher came with an aluminium plate to fix to the underside of the worktop above the dishwasher (well, it would have done if I hadn't bought it off ebay).  Google 'bosch vapour barrier plate' and you'll get the idea.  I'd clean up your delaminated stuff to level it off, seal it with a coat or 2 of gloss paint or exterior varnish, then hide it all under a shiny metal plate.  Job done!

• Thanks 1

You can turn off the auto opening function.

I also believe that it only works in the Eco mode, so you can run another program to stop it happening.

Doesn't help you much, but as soon as I saw this feature I made sure it could be turned off. We have quartz worktops, but I still didn't want steam constantly coming out of the dishwater and possibly damaging the door. You'll never save enough energy to cover the cost of a new door/worktop!