Error code Samsung ASHP

Nothing in the manual?

Try the computer trick. Turn the mains power supply off, wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on (re boot it)

I found this https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1071296/Samsung-Ae090jxydeh.html?page=66

Water pump is on, but flow switch is off, so it thinks the pump has failed.  I had a lot of problems like this with my own (different make) ashp initially until I fitted a second pump to boost the flow rate.  On mine, once it has registered a flow rate error it needs a power cycle to clear it.

• Thanks 1

Yes as per my edit to my post above which you may have missed.  There is a flow switch to ensure the water flowing around the system is flowing fast enough and that has detected that it is not.  Re boot it and see if it clears. If it does not call your installer.

• Thanks 1

Filter probably needs a clean. I had a flow rate error code this morning (Hitachi code 070); I think now its cold, radiators and ufh zones are opening up and blasting through bits of crap that are still in the system into the little stainless steel gauze filter.  15 minute job to remove and clean filter and all's good.

(Check out youtube videos for filter cleaning- could be an easy fix).

Edited by Roundtuit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

You don't seem to have much luck with your plumbing do you?! Hope its sorted soon, be very interested to know how the EWI performs compared to last year

I know! Engineer coming on Tuesday to 'replace flow switch'. 

We have had our heating on (and hot water as the solar isn't doing much) since the end of September and temperatures have been really poor generally for the latter part of October (down to 2 degrees). We have heating on all through the house with temperatures being boosted up during the Octopus Go Faster times (8:30pm-1:30am). I haven't been seperating our our ASHP use against our 'other' in October but i am for November so that will give me some figures.

For October our total use has been 567.7 but I can't say what proportion has been our heat pump although generally our other use has been between 3-6 units when we were monitoring earlier in year albeit we don't have much solar now. A large proportion of our use is during the Octopus Go Faster times though so will be far less cost than using all at our normal rate of 14.63.

Fingers crossed for you.

I've used only 1/3rd of the amount of gas (m3) this October compared to last October (pending monthly statement from Zog)

Tado is telling me Oct 2020 - 92hrs 29mins heating

Oct 2021 - 8hrs 24 heating

And i've definitely not been cold!

Also just dropped the flow temperature to 50C from 55C which should further reduce usage, 55C was too much of a hit when it turned on.

Edited by MikeGrahamT21

1 minute ago, George said:

It's certainly been an unusually warm autumn, here October has been 2C warmer than last year.   

Indeed it has.  Only put the heating on yesterday, most years it is some time in October we feel the need for a little warmth.  Temperature has certainly plummeted today.

15 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Indeed it has.  Only put the heating on yesterday, most years it is some time in October we feel the need for a little warmth.  Temperature has certainly plummeted today.

We definitely haven't had warm weather. It's been terrible, really windy and cold. But then I'm always cold ? You all must be further south!

21 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

We definitely haven't had warm weather. It's been terrible, really windy and cold. But then I'm always cold ? You all must be further south!

Hardly.  20 miles north of Inverness in the Highlands.