Kit erection quote

Barryscotland

23 minutes ago, pocster said:

Title got my excited 

Does David Hasselhoff still excite you when he drives around in a 1982 Pontiac Grand Am.

Personally I preferred Baywatch, not for the acting, or storeyline.

I wonder if you can build a a kit house around some oddly sized walk on glazing.

This is an area where I saw a lot of variation between frame companies.

Aside from differences in what is supplied above and beyond the frame itself (floor decks, internal stud walls, temp stairs, airtightness detail, roof felt & batten, insulation, external batten ie for render or panel system, internal batten for service voids etc..) there was a lot of variation in assembly.

Some expected on site crane or tele-handler with operator, scaffolding, fall arrest (air bags or cable system) to be supplied by me at my cost.

The most comprehensive quote, and the most expensive, only needed scaffolding. They also did the slab as an option (passive standard) but as I had a basement, this was not required.

However, as novice,  I chose them due to the turnkey aspect and was very pleased with the end result which just needed doors & windows fitting, roof slated and exterior cladding to be fully weather tight. Was about 6 weeks after they came on site to when scaff came down - 3 weeks for their kit assembly and 3 weeks for the other trades (with some overlaps). They were then able to complete the interior detail wrt insulation and airtightness allowing first fix to commence about a month later.