Nuaire MVHR Info - wall bracket

Managed to bag myself a bargain on an auction site for a Nuaire MVHR MRXBOXAB-ECO4 - never been wired up so all good - fingers crossed, am about to power it up.

Only thing missing is the wall bracket - part is fixed onto the unit but there is another part that goes on the wall that I'll need to source or make something up which shouldn't be that hard. If anyone has one of these and has a pic of the wall bracket that would be great to see - the manual makes it look like just a piece of angled metal.

Any tips/good or bad points please share. Especially interested in any feedback on how early the humidity detection kicks in vs installing separate boost switches/PIRs in bathrooms

cheers

Just had a look at the manual, and I believe that is called a splayed angle, though having looked online I can't find any ready made. I should think a steel fabricator will be able to knock you one up in a matter of seconds for not much money.

Depending on its weight, you could use quite a few of these: https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/71297-2-hole-135-angle-bracket-for-strut-sold-in-1-s

Looks like there is an angled bit on the back of the MVHR which grabs onto the bracket, so these would likely suffice, and you could also put a length of 4x2 underneath it for additional support as a just in-case.

My humidistat kicks in very fast, as soon as it reaches the desired humidity, i don't have any manual boost switches, they're just another thing to wire in that wouldn't get used.

2 hours ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

My humidistat kicks in very fast, as soon as it reaches the desired humidity, i don't have any manual boost switches, they're just another thing to wire in that wouldn't get used.

Thanks Mike - is yours Nuaire also? Was thinking to have 1 boost in kitchen and ideally not have to do anything in the bathrooms if the unit works well enough without it

Just now, Adam2 said:

Thanks Mike - is yours Nuaire also? Was thinking to have 1 boost in kitchen and ideally not have to do anything in the bathrooms if the unit works well enough without it

No mines a vortice, with the optional humidistat, i've located the sensor in the extract ducting near the MVHR itself. It catches kitchen and bathroom humidity increase very well.

• Thanks 1

I think technically speaking, building control do require a boost switch, so you may have little choice, and I may well have to put one in just to say its there, but from what ive experienced, its just not required.

Edited by MikeGrahamT21

We use our boost switches often as whilst the humidistat captures showers, baths and simmering it is still handy to help shift smells from cooking etc on demand. I sometimes use app control for this but you can't beat physical switches that anyone can use. 

Edited by MJNewton
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 30/08/2021 at 18:15, Adam2 said:

Managed to bag myself a bargain on an auction site for a Nuaire MVHR MRXBOXAB-ECO4 - never been wired up so all good - fingers crossed, am about to power it up.

Only thing missing is the wall bracket - part is fixed onto the unit but there is another part that goes on the wall that I'll need to source or make something up which shouldn't be that hard. If anyone has one of these and has a pic of the wall bracket that would be great to see - the manual makes it look like just a piece of angled metal.

Any tips/good or bad points please share. Especially interested in any feedback on how early the humidity detection kicks in vs installing separate boost switches/PIRs in bathrooms

cheers

Hi, Ive got the opportunity to buy a couple of Nuaire units (ECO2 and ECO3) at a good price, so I’d be interested in your thoughts on your unit.

2 hours ago, iansr said:

Hi, Ive got the opportunity to buy a couple of Nuaire units (ECO2 and ECO3) at a good price, so I’d be interested in your thoughts on your unit.

Still sat on my rental living room floor ? We just poured our UFH screed this week so starting some internal walls then first fix so doubt will have running properly until Jan. I did power mine up to check was working OK - all seemed fine and sound level was very quiet but no idea to what level it was running at for that test.

I need an extra one so if you have a good source would appreciate the info  

• 10 months later...

Curious, how did the nuaire perform?

On 24/11/2021 at 17:41, Adam2 said:

Still sat on my rental living room floor ? We just poured our UFH screed this week so starting some internal walls then first fix so doubt will have running properly until Jan. I did power mine up to check was working OK - all seemed fine and sound level was very quiet but no idea to what level it was running at for that test.

I need an extra one so if you have a good source would appreciate the info  

Edited by CalvinHobbes