Between Two Workshops....

and it's driving me crazy. Nuts in fact. Today for example; bit of a pause in progress for a couple of days. Time for piddling about with spreadsheets and updating paperwork.

And I have to mix a bit of practical stuff with PC based stuff because - well I just have to. I have always had a workshop, even if it was a really small one; no more than a scaffold plank hinged to the back of an outhouse door. But now I haven't got even one. (Overpriviledged moaner). I'm even starting to consider installing a work surface inside my Landy. 

I don't mind the cold, I quite like rain, wind gets to me a bit, especially if there's driven rain in it, but I love being outside. But rain and cold and electricity don't mix.

Has anyone solved this particular 'itch'?

Well I was lucky ( in a way) that it took over two years to get planning and i built the workshop during that time under permitted development even though the council fought even that I won both the appeal on the house and the workshop ?. The fixed price I agreed with my builder was that I do most of the woodwork so I need my workshop to achieve that ( but it's full of materials ?).

Edited by joe90

2 hours ago, recoveringacademic said:

But rain and cold and electricity don't mix.

Man up!

20242.thumb.jpg.3eac26dbf4150ac0194dd7277017104b.jpg

:)

I'm debating building a "car port" the length of the side of the house. Actually a fair distance from where we park the cars but I could set a saw bench up under it and store timber in the dry for when I do the roof.

Only got two - well three if you count the garage, (Metal machining & Fabrication and Carpentry) workshops now, biggest problem is planning the tool moves or duplication! Did a load of work a few years back, out in the garden here under a GALA tent 10m x 6m (£300 IIRC) building the boat house (what we call the boat house because its got a jetty and sits beside our pond). Was great provided I put all the tools away in the main workshop each night but the space was fantastic spent the first week just making benches and trestles from old reclaimed timbers and once set up it was great - just looked and that was 6 years ago this week!