Hey everyone, 

Our electrician has finished the work at our house but disappeared. We are looking to get it signed off ASAP.

Does anyone know what we would expect to pay for that service, roughly? Had a few quotes and they're very different so just want to get a feel for what it should be...

Thanks

Joanna

The problem with someone else signing it off is they have to certify work that they didn’t do , bit risky putting your name to something that you don’t know has been done correctly , I would expect you’d have to pay quite a bit if another electrician was willing to do it. As @nod says the free money has not given an incentive for people to work, my son in law who’s a qs said they were having trouble getting bricklayers as the furlough scheme has made it too easy for them to stay at home.

Hmm, had no issues as yet! Got 4 quotes, all from electricians willing to sign it off and ready to do any fixes if necessary. Just looking for an idea of cost as one quote is £90, another £250 and another £500! Not letting the guy back to do the work as he has been a nightmare. Would rather pass it on to someone competent. It's all been done correctly, the dude just took a long time and didn't label anything plus left it all extremely untidy.

I'm in Glasgow :)

• 2 months later...