Bath with no access to plumbing?

patp

I want a 1500mm bath as I am vertically challenged. On an internet search these come up  https://bathroommountain.co.uk/hyde-1500mm-freestanding-bath?parent=v5002&gclid=CjwKCAjwjJmIBhA4EiwAQdCbxkluG8Ul6ztRjeyVpgQZLARcl03nPhTGiknDnSk9tjVOnPo1xaCn_hoCPecQAvD_BwE#fo_c=3625&fo_k=665f913de415fce2b70865e1901e9a06&fo_s=gplauk

How do you get access to the waste etc when needed. Someone suggested that you have to place them on a plinth. Is that right?

I like the slipper baths but do not relish cleaning underneath them!

Similar to my bath.

Shame they are lacking on the details they show you.

It comes as 2 parts, the bath, and the bath surround.  The official fitting procedure is to use the supplied flexible waste pipe. stand the bath surround up on 6" blocks of wood, lower the bath into the surround, couple up the flexible waste, remove the blocks then lower the whole lot onto the floor.

Personally I did not like that, it is the flexible waste I don't like and you have no control how it settles.  So instead in my case I just fixed the surround to the floor, fitted the waste and a short bit or rigid waste and an elbow and lowered that into the surround, then went downstairs and connected the waste from below.  This was in a new build before the ceiling was plasterboarded, and in the unlikely event of a waste problem worst case is I have to cut a trap in the utility room ceiling to gain access to sort it out.

Another consideration is the bath waste. they might supply a cable operated waste.  Again I rejected that, it's one more thing to go wrong and necessitate the bath lifting out to fix it.  I instead used a McAlpine top access "click clack" waste fitting, which can be serviced from above.

• Thanks 1