George Clarke's Remarkable Renovations

MAB

Went 'slightly' over original budget as usual but I don't remember any mention as to where the extra cash (£100k +) needed came from...? ?

Episode 1

"George Clarke meets the people breathing new life into our unused and unloved buildings, transforming local landmarks into unique family homes that celebrate their past. After Richard and Sarah's local high street bank shut, they decided to buy it and transform it into a unique family home, while retaining its grand Victorian Grade II listed architectural pedigree."

• 2 years later...

Is anyone else watching these?  I've gone back to the beginning and watching from the start.  But whenever Gearoge goes back to see the finished building, the furnishings and accessories look more like a magazine shoot than the builders home!  Do they just get interior designers to fill it for the tv before the actual builders/renovators fill it with their own stuff? 

I do love what they are all doing and its great to see the old buildings come to life again and have a new purpose. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMitchells said:

Do they just get interior designers to fill it for the tv before the actual builders/renovators fill it with their own stuff? 

That's what my wife thinks as well.

I think I've seen this somewhere. 

Before the finale of Grand Designs the producers arrive with lots of cushions and potted plants to disguise any exposed wires or abandoned breeze blocks. 

10 hours ago, Iceverge said:

Before the finale of Grand Designs the producers arrive with lots of cushions and potted plants to disguise any exposed wires or abandoned breeze blocks. 

When we visited Richard Hawkes' Crossways house, there was a large pile of soil that had a sheet of plastic grass covering it.

I've a mate who does set dressing for a production company that's done a few property shows. Renting is what happens, they rent a van, go down to one of the large prop companies, in Borehamwood I think he said, stock up with furniture and pot plants and then dress the house like it was a drama set, in wafts the presenter, pack it all up and return the next day.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Galileo said:

set dressing for a production company ........................ in Borehamwood

Friend of mine's Father used to do that, I seem to remember that he worked on Holby City.

I commented that both of us had met Patsy Kensit and Ade Edmondson.

I can't compete with that line up, my only brushes with celebrity are that I designed a website for Eric Knowles, chatted to Paul Young often and used to work for one of Adam Ant's band members. Got to be a certain age to even begin to think who they are!

• Haha 1