Building Control drawings

I've had a call from a friend, his architect has quoted £2,500 to produce his Building Control drawings. He wanted to know what should be included, as the architect has been rather vague. To be honest I'm not too sure myself, hence the question here?

5 minutes ago, Triassic said:

I've had a call from a friend, his architect has quoted £2,500 to produce his Building Control drawings. He wanted to know what should be included, as the architect has been rather vague. To be honest I'm not too sure myself, hence the question here?

Sounds a lot to me.  Everything I submitted to building control is here: http://www.mayfly.eu/2013/09/part-fifteen-the-site-is-finally-ready/

Unless it's a very unusual design then you can do it in a short number of hours - most are a section with the correct labels; drainage runs and soakaways; site layout; floor plans. 

If the architect wants £2500 for that then I'd be gobsmacked ..!

btw I shamelessly copied @JSHarris submission as a guide and the [private] BCO said it was very comprehensive ... 

Edited by PeterW
Addendum...

I have just undergone this process with our TF manufacturer. To have our "planning" plans converted into Building warrant drawings it cost us £2.5k. We then had to pay for the Building warrant itself and the Structural Engineers certificate. Yes, like most things I suppose, it could have been done cheaper but being first timers, with no knowledge or understanding of what was required and needing to satisfy Scottish regs, for us, it was a price worth paying - Peace of mind comes at a price! o.O

PW.