Tundish and other questions

Ralph

I know nothing about plumbing and I've left it to the plumbers. However, I had to take photos of our double check valve (we don't appear to have one, yet) for Scottish Water. I noticed that the tundish finishes above some boxed in bit on the floor. I am going to be asking the plumber about all this but I'd like to go in a bit more informed than I am now so three questions for you guys. 

1. Should there be a drain for the tundish?
  2. The water pipe you see in the pic is not yet connected so I'm assuming that is where the stopcock and double check valve will go, does that also not need a drain?
  3. We seem to have our electric meter close to where the water comes in and the tundish is. Is this a problem. 

Thanks in advance.

20210719_210234.jpg

38 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Can you photograph the bottom bit with the tundish in more detail please?

Does this help at all? If not I can get some more pics later today. 

Tundish.jpg

The bottom of the tundish should connect to a 22mm or larger pipe leading out of the building to a drain.

So being polite, this is "unfinished" thought you normally install this drain pipe early on before all the boxing in.

3 minutes ago, ProDave said:

The bottom of the tundish should connect to a 22mm or larger pipe leading out of the building to a drain.

So being polite, this is "unfinished" thought you normally install this drain pipe early on before all the boxing in.

This is what I was thinking so thanks for confirming. I may not be quite so polite when I have this conversation. 

What is that tundish the output from ..?

If it is an unvented cylinder then the pipe from the tundish needs to be at least 300mm before any bend, and has to be of a type that can take 100°C water. 

The copper fitting above the tundish appears to be a 22x22x15 centre tee, taking another output. That’s probably the 6bar PRedV off the control group, but we need a LOT more pics and info before you have a pop at this guy. Nowhere near enough info to interject atm sorry. 
Water main by electricity supply is perfectly fine. No issues there. 
If this is a new UVC install, then we need to know if every mixer tap / mixer shower / bath mixer etc, basically anything monoblock receiving hot and cold into the same body, has been supplied with a balanced cold feed from the control group.

Lots to ask and see before answering any further. 

We are going through a central contractor who has been less than communicative. I've not really had anything to do with the plumber until now and don't have much detail. He has a good reputation but I'm just getting nothing from the contractor which is a larger issue.
It's a new install with UFH downstairs and rads upstairs
Two mixer showers no baths. Mixers in both bathroom sinks and utility room. Boiling tap going into kitchen.
We're using Daikin Altherma 3 with a 230L tank, The all in one floor standing units.
These are all the photos I have at the moment, but that is about everything part from the UFH manifold.

20210720_120948.jpg

20210719_210259.jpg

20210719_210249.jpg

So looks like he’s not balanced the cold off the control set so your mixers will have varying pressure. 

Can’t see the rest of the tundish set up but that’s going to need some work to get it into any sort of approved state.