Cavity closing

Should I fit something to close the cavity round windows when building with a full fill cavity, BC said no need, however I seen other builds with it closed off so thinking for the sakes of a few pounds it would tidy it up.

IMG_1394.thumb.jpg.52514b831b745796747e9cd2039b644d.jpg

Also, where the Insulation comes down the angled roof truss to meet the wall insulation.  I get that this butts up to the wall cavity insulation, then we seal and try to make airtight, does anything need to go in between to two insulation boards?

I hate cavity closers, they will give you more thermal bridging than what you have and worse draughts and they cause cracking where they join the blocks.

if you are doing dit and dab then draughts will be a massive problem 

I did something similar to you and used thermal board to close my cavities, (normal plasterboard on my canted reveals) then wet plastered everything, no problems 11 years on 

• Thanks 1

On 16/07/2021 at 10:14, tonyshouse said:

I hate cavity closers, they will give you more thermal bridging than what you have and worse draughts and they cause cracking where they join the blocks.

if you are doing dit and dab then draughts will be a massive problem 

I did something similar to you and used thermal board to close my cavities, (normal plasterboard on my canted reveals) then wet plastered everything, no problems 11 years on 

What do you mean by thermal board ?  a link to an example if possible. Thanks