Kingspan Insulation

PeterW

All the ones I ever want on there are collection only.:(  The other complaint I have is that they never give a spec as to what you are getting. For certain applications you need to be sure what you are going to get delivered/fitted. I'm looking for under slab insulation, so being cautious with what can go there. Not bothered about a few scrapes!.

2 hours ago, PeterW said:

Anyone looking for Kingspan..?? Had 32 of these delivered today and they are pretty much perfect ....! 125mm PIR for £25 a board (inc delivery) is a fantastic price as the closest I could get was £33

https://www.secondsandco.co.uk/product-page/123-128mm-1-2x2-4m-foil-foil-boards

Where are you using this batch Peter?

Under the floor ..!

Its virtually perfect - apparently this 125mm stuff has a wrinkled foil surface so is cosmetic reject

Delivery is £35 and they are really busy so it has taken over 2 weeks for delivery but worth every penny

If I had an empty garage to hand I would have some of that.

The price is 25% below Wickes price for 100mm, even with the 5 for 4 offer and the extra 15% discount currently available. Even if the 10% Wickes Trade Discount could be stacked on top (and I do not think you can), it would still be at £30 for a 100mm sheet.

Ferdinand

1 hour ago, Onoff said:

I see they quote a tolerance of 123 to 128mm. Just wondering how accurate their given measurements are?

Not that it'd be an issue if it were me, I've had worse from Wickes bought new!

I've measured 4 at 126mm...

5mm is the tolerance on this stuff anyway so it's just that they tell you about it up front. 

12 hours ago, PeterW said:

Under the floor ..!

Its virtually perfect - apparently this 125mm stuff has a wrinkled foil surface so is cosmetic reject

Delivery is £35 and they are really busy so it has taken over 2 weeks for delivery but worth every penny

Wrinkles??? Bugger, can't have that then - that's really going to affect my u-values.

I do know that if you lay perfectly flat PIR and then keep walking over it for months it soon gets holed and the foil starts lifting. You then have to spend ages foam filling the damaged areas, cutting level when cured and re-foil taping to make good! :ph34r:

Ive used 140mm celotex to insulate our 140mm frame - 60% of it is 140mm or slightly less, the rest is more - up to 5 or 8mm more & is now causing problems.  Next time I will use 120mm.

Beware if your tollerence is slim.