Fixing carpet grippers to smooth latex screed

Hi

Need a bit of advice. I used a latex based screed to self level a floor downstairs which I am now looking to carpet. I want to glue the gripper strips rather than nail.

Speed is not an issue as I can leave it to dry over night but looking for recommendations on the best adhesive to use. Some people suggest hot glue guns with a certain type of glue, some say just normal grip adhesive.

The surface of the floor is smooth rather than rough like concrete and its been open and subject to plaster blobs etc. for some time, so while Ive cleaned it, it still has a bit of residue on it.

I was thinking about this stuff:

https://www.toolstation.com/griptite/p94608

Just wondering whether maybe I should prime the edges of the floor first? I have half a tub of tiler's primer left (acrylic based), would that be good enough?

Thanks

There are just so many grab adhesives out there now!

Evostik do an extra strong one too:

https://www.toolstation.com/gripfill-xtra/p98918

I saw the super fast gripper @PeterW but reading online seems like fitters use it mainly because it goes off very quick so they can stick the grippers and start fitting in one go. Since I am in no rush I can glue it down one day and then fit another day. 

Maybe just need to pick one.

Any thoughts on priming?

Stickatak super blue worked for us, think it's rapid set so the fitters did one room at a time, and by the time they'd had a brew the carpet could be fitted to the first room.

I'd go into the shop supplying the carpets and ask them to supply it, they may offer to do it for you and include it in the price, just tell them you've got underfloor heating and chances are they won't want the liability of puncturing a pipe.

If you hot melt glue gun them then cut them into shorter lengths around 8".  To 1ft, this means the glue will still be hot when fitted to the floor and you can apply decent pressure to it while the glue takes hold. This is how they did one of my folkes' rentals

Edited by JFDIY

5 minutes ago, JFDIY said:

Stickatak super blue worked for us, think it's rapid set so the fitters did one room at a time, and by the time they'd had a brew the carpet could be fitted to the first room.

I'd go into the shop supplying the carpets and ask them to supply it, they may offer to do it for you and include it in the price, just tell them you've got underfloor heating and chances are they won't want the liability of puncturing a pipe.

If you hot melt glue gun them then cut them into shorter lengths around 8".  To 1ft, this means the glue will still be hot when fitted to the floor and you can apply decent pressure to it while the glue takes hold. This is how they did one of my folkes' rentals

Im fitting myself mate. Done the upstairs rooms and stairs already and this is for the lounge. I got the carpet as a remnant so just need to figure out what to use for this. I might just get some of the green standard Evostik and give the edges a good wet clean first. Had read about doing it in 8" sections so will do that.