Newbie heating timer question

Hi All - I'm a newbie with a simple question that I have been unable to find and answer to.

My wife and I are, shall we say, no longer in the first flush of our youth, and our existing heating timer / thermostat is way too complicated for us so I plan to replace it with a good old fashioned mechanical one that we can both work.

I have done some research and the one that lo0oks most promising is the Siemens (Landis & Staefa) RWB2E Programmer but the thing that worries me is that it frequently seems to be followed by "24V".

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Siemens-Landis-Staefa-RWB2E-Programmer/dp/B00FSBBPOQ

Does this mean 24 volts? And if so, is that unusual? Is this going to be suitable? (I don't propose to do the work - I will get an electrician in for that).

I would be very grateful for any pointers in this direction please

Terry Chisman

image.png

image.png

23 hours ago, TonyT said:

The internet.... type in make model and add installation manual. 

Yes but you need to know where to start and what all the guff you get back means / implies. We can help with the interpretations perhaps. 

1 hour ago, Farmer_Terry said:

fora

So pleased to see the correct grammatical use of the plural of Forum..... ?

I've used those timers before. Very easy to use, I fitted one for my 80yr old Mother.

Edited by Rob99

13 hours ago, Rob99 said:

So pleased to see the correct grammatical use of the plural of Forum

Standards have to be kept. ?

Having thought a bit more, I do have one other question - is this timer suitable for a combi boiler please?

My mother has a standard boiler with HW cylinder so using both timer bits.

With a combi the hot water is instantaneous (ish) and the boiler fires when there is flow through the hot water system when a tap is turned on so to use this timer you would just set the hot water to permanently on and let the boiler do it's thing. Maybe you don't even need to connect the HW part of the timer anyway if it's a combi.

Edited by Rob99

Only 1 channel required with a combi. This is a standard controller in that instance;

https://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-lp711-timeswitch/39024?tc=CB1&ds_kid=92700055281954502&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvr6EBhDOARIsAPpqUPGrFCfJSVFNTkucCLu4d3WrezSzYYT-csZUKleAzMrbf48YGiDxcl8aAtSxEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds 

This has 'volt free' contacts so can be used with either low or 230v

Edited by Nickfromwales

Rob99 - thanks, that's about what I was hoping.

NickfromWales - thanks, I had thought about a single channel timer, but the one you show is digital (which I'm trying to avoid) and probably a bit more tricky to set than my wife can cope with, which is why I wanted a mechanical one - hence the Siemens, which I can't find in a single channel.