Cheapest 22mm Egger extra peel clean T&G supplier right now

Adsibob

Assuming the consensus is still that 22mm Egger extra peel clean T&G chipboard flooring is better than 18mm plywood for achieving a solid sub floor, which supplier do people recommend! 

Best price I’ve found is £16.57 for a 2450x600 board, which i thought was cheaper than ply, but I’ve only just realised the ply I was comparing it to is 2450x1200 so this actually is much more than ply!

2 hours ago, Adsibob said:

Assuming the consensus is still that 22mm Egger extra peel clean T&G chipboard flooring is better than 18mm plywood for achieving a solid sub floor

Surely Plyboard is more stable and durable than chipboard?

7 hours ago, hendriQ said:

Surely Plyboard is more stable and durable than chipboard?

Ply in like for like thickness is more structurally stable but you need to find 22mm T&G ply - Wisa spruceboard is TG4 but only class 1 & 2 so can’t take standing water like Egger.  It is also nearly double the price of Egger, so from a cost perspective unless you can guarantee it’s in a dry build environment and you need that stability then Egger is much better. 

When we did our floor above the garage that was exposed to the elements for about 6 weeks we used Egger Protect - the price was about the same for the Peel Clean - the advantage of the Protect is that is has a longer exposure limit of 60 days.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump, but easier than creating a new thread. Is anybody still able to get this at the moment? 

We need 55 sheets pronto, and were quoted £12 ex per sheet a couple of months ago, now that it's come to order it, literally nobody has it in stock as all the merchants are refusing to pay the wholesale price it seems?

Builders are offering to source for £18.50 ex but that's a heck of a premium we can't really afford at the moment.

24 minutes ago, SuperPav said:

Sorry to bump, but easier than creating a new thread. Is anybody still able to get this at the moment? 

We need 55 sheets pronto, and were quoted £12 ex per sheet a couple of months ago, now that it's come to order it, literally nobody has it in stock as all the merchants are refusing to pay the wholesale price it seems?

Builders are offering to source for £18.50 ex but that's a heck of a premium we can't really afford at the moment.

Peel or Protect ..?

It is 80 sheets in a pack - any chance you can share a pack with someone as you will get better prices. 

Protect (or Norbord's equivalent.. Cabershield? although that seems even thinner on the ground in terms of availability!)

At the moment I can't get ANY prices - TP are still quoting me a decent price but can't get any supplies. Jewsons have only got stuff that's already committed to projects. There's a few online merchants selling it at £20+ but that's not realistic. I'd buy 80 if that made it easier - the builders use the stuff on other projects so would probably have the remainder off me.