Roller Door Damage

soapstar

Hey folks,

So much to my disappointment at the weekend I have noticed my new Hormann Rollmatic doors (one in particular) seems to be damaging itself. I have only been using these for a couple of months now and there is scratches on the slats. Much to my horror I then noticed two small dents on the outside! I have now stopped using the door with the dents, its almost as if something has come off inside the mechanism and got trapped between the slats when closing.

Has anyone had experience with this before? I realise there will be some light scratches being a roller door however at this rate the door will be wrecked in a few months! I really want to get this resolved asap as its a pain not having access. Is there anything I can do or look for which may be causing this problem?

Typically the company who installed them are on holiday!

Below are photos of the one door inside and outside...

thumbnail_IMG_6002.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6001.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5998.jpg

Edited by soapstar

I have a different make (no doubt a cheaper make) of roller door and i found the plastic guides that guide the door off the roll down into the track were abysmal and the door kept catching on them.  I re fabricated something much better in aluminium.

the "dent" issue looks more like something is stuck inside the box where the door rolls on, you need to take the cover off and have a good look at what is going on inside there.

• Like 1

Ours came with a box to hide the motor When I fitted it I could here the door catching the box After taking it off a couple of times I left it off so I could keep an eye on things I’ never got round to putting it back on 

As above I think the box will be the cause of your problems 

• Like 1