How to split DIY and Pro work

Hilldes

I plan to do most of the heating and plumbing as DIY. Will feature a gas boiler and UVC. We know the pro will have to install the boiler and UVC, but where exactly is the best place to connect in what I have done with DIY?

For the UFH, I've confirmed to the pro that I will install the pump set, manifold and pipe runs, the pro can maybe install the heating zone valve and I connect to that?

For DHW, I just tap into the UVC (I'm assuming the G3 requirement relates to the primary circuit)?

Edited by Hilldes

The G3 is all about the cold water in connection to the UVC, the pressure reducing valve set and over pressure valves, and the drain pipework from that.

It helps if you are friends or at least know the plumber.  I routed the drain pipe (as it was built into the fabric of the buildings) and photographed it.  did all the pipework up to the cylinder cupboard and he connected, tested and signed it off.

45 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

A case what you know and who you know ?

It certainly helps being in the building trade and knowing other tradesmen.  You build up a mutual trust of each others work.

You also get to know the ones you would not want working in your house.  I can think of some plumbers and joiners i would not let loose here.

• Like 1